Changes in the new edition are extensive. They include:
- Air conditioners installed in panels need to comply with UL 1995 and clause 26.3
- When protectors (fuse, breaker, etc.) are in a DC circuit above 32 volts, they must be evaluated to appropriate product standard and have a rating equal to or greater than the operating circuit voltage
- Type 4 or 4X enclosure/compartment that is ventilated must now also comply with clause 62.4
- New requirements for control panels intended to control fountains
- New requirements to address power factor correction circuits/capacitors that do not need to be specifically described
- New requirements to address components provided that are configured as autotransformer- and resistor-type reduced-voltage motor controllers
- New requirements for control panels intended to control irrigation equipment
MET Labs’ Industrial Control Panel Certification Program delivers a responsive cost-effective product safety certification for manufacturers who custom-build or mass-produce ICPs.
Contact us today for a quote to the 2nd edition of 508A, or for a ‘gap analysis’ of an already-certified panel.