MET Laboratories, Inc. is one of the Nation’s leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been serving clients for over 50 years. Our Baltimore, MD location is currently seeking an entry level Electrical Engineer, a dedicated team player, who we can train to perform Military/Avionic Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing.
Many Electrical Engineering jobs involve sitting at a computer, entering design parameters into software, unrealistic timelines, and not as much fun as you have hoped for. This is not the case in the MET EMC lab. Performing EMC testing at MET labs is like enjoying the most interesting, hands-on, laboratory experimentation parts of your college courses, every day.
• Receive training on and perform conducted/radiated radio frequency (RF) emissions/susceptibility testing.
• Test a wide range of cutting edge electronic military/avionic equipment.
• Become an expert on electromagnetic phenomena, including RF, electrostatic discharge (ESD), Lightning, electromagnetic pulse (EMP), magnetic fields, and more.
• Troubleshoot test failures and assist customers with design modifications.
• Assist lab manager with related tasks.
• BS in Electrical Engineering
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work 8:30am-5pm, Monday through Friday
• Occasional 2nd shift and evening/weekend overtime
To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.metlabs.com
This is a very hands-on position that will require the candidate to interact with a number of different clients on many different levels. This position will be first shift for training for the first one to two months. After initial training, the position will be either second shift or second shift as needed. Overtime will be required as needed.
This is a full time position and we are an equal opportunity employer. We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, life insurance, vacation and optional 401k. Interested candidates may E-mail their resume, cover letter and salary requirement for immediate consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: HR Recruiter