Entry Level Electrical Engineer – Fiber Optic Lab
Location: Baltimore, MD
Excellent opportunity for recent college grads!
MET Laboratories, Inc., is one of the Nation’s leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been in business for over 50 years. To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.metlabs.com
Our location in Baltimore, MD is currently seeking entry-level electrical engineers for our growing Fiber Optic laboratory. Candidates would be responsible for performing testing on a wide variety of fiber optic products to existing industry standards and/or customer specifications and collecting and analyzing data for reporting purposes. Candidates may also be responsible for performing testing on other electronic products including, but not limited to, consumer electronics, central office telecommunication, medical, and industrial products. This is a very hands-on position that will require the candidates to interact with a number of different customers on many different levels. Candidates who are familiar with a wide variety of test instruments and have a strong mechanical and electrical aptitude are encouraged to apply. Candidates familiar with telecommunications equipment/ fiber optic testing are preferred.
- A BSEE or a similar degree in a closely related field with 0-3 years experience is strongly desired.
- Applicants with experience in fiber optic testing are preferred, but others will be considered.
- The candidate should posses excellent work habits, attention to detail and be able to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must work well in a team environment and also independently with little supervision.
- The candidate must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Proven ability to communicate, both verbally and written, concepts, ideas, and routine details to various levels of technical and non-technical engineering and management personnel.
Some travel and flexible work schedules may be necessary from time to time. This is a full time position and MET is an equal opportunity employer. We have an excellent benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, paid vacation and 401k retirement plan with company participation.
To be considered, send resume, salary requirement, and cover letter to: email@example.com