EMC Engineer (entry level and experienced) – Baltimore, MD
MET Laboratories, Inc., is one of the Nation’s leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been serving clients for over 50 years.
Our Baltimore, MD location is currently seeking experienced technicians and entry level and experienced Electrical EMC engineers, dedicated team players who could perform EMC testing efficiently in a timely manner.
- Perform EMC testing and document results to meet overall laboratory needs
- Coordinate with Customers and the sales on daily basis, to provide best customer services to our clients
- Help the fellow EMC engineers in the execution of daily testing/work in the lab
- Engage in problem solving activities to address product emissions and immunity issues. This will involve identification of root-cause and solution implementation and verification
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Clear Understanding of EMC standards (FCC pt 15, CISPR, ETSI, GR1089 etc.)
- Familiarity and hands on-experience with emissions and Immunity testing, including Conducted RF Emissions/ Immunity, Radiated RF Emissions/ Immunity, Conducted Transient Emissions, Magnetic Field Emissions
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with ESD testing
- Knowledge and familiarity with EMI Instrumentation (i.e., receivers, power amplifiers, TWT amplifiers, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Maryland driver’s license with a clean record
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- 3 years experience in an EMC Laboratory
- Detailed knowledge of EMC phenomena and theory
- Familiarity with world wide EMC standards
This is a very hands-on position that will require the candidate to interact with a number of different customers on many different levels. The position will be primarily a first shift position, however some overtime may be required from time to time. This is a full time position and we are an equal opportunity employer. We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, life insurance, vacation and optional 401k.
Interested candidates may submit their resume by email or complete the online application for immediate consideration.